Wednesday 9 February 2011

A Few Lucky Finds

Those that know me well will be aware that my weakness is second hand or the new trendy term 'thrift' shopping. Recently I had been bemoaning that I am finding it increasingly hard to find good stuff these days, so boy was I surprised by this weeks haul- all of it picked up by the by-  i.e. not on a specific outing to go 'thrifting'!

Whilst donating a few bags of stuff to a charity shop these Hans Bolling 'Optimist and pessimist' figures were a great find for £2! I love architect designed teak birds and monkeys etc so seeing these two on the shelf in a local charity shop made my heart beat a little faster! I am not entirely convinced they are genuine as no makers mark, and aren't their wee faces just a little bit wonky? I love them nonetheless!

The white sugar bowl is JG Meakin- I love their 60's and 70's patterns- so a steal at 50p. Its also in my favourite blues and greens- I saw it through the window en route to pick Finn up from nursery. Oh and the trivet picked up for a £1 when I had Finn in to buy a few reward kids dvds at the local Oxfam post very sore tetanus shots (he was so brave!).



All of the above sort of makes up for the elusive Braun Aromaster coffee maker I have been seeking (and losing) on Ebay for some time now. Serendipity I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always amazing to know you read and comment - so thank you very much.