Wednesday 16 March 2011

Didn't you used to be......?

At a playgroup someone I went to school with and hadn’t seen for 15 years said 'didn’t you used to be ..............?' She didn’t mean it the way it sounds but it certainly made me think…. Whether its having two kids, encroaching middle age or the true realisation that I am turning into my parents I have been mulling things over in my life for sometime now.

There has been the slow drift towards school and all that brings by way of becoming part of suburbia, a community- Its like going full circle back to school again yourself. The whole ‘fitting in’ thing that I have always struggled with. 

Does everyone feel like this. When they are babies it’s a wee cocoon of coffee mornings, supportive chat and cake. But the school gates- man they are brutal.

All the ‘head time’ that you have when off on mat leave gets you to thinking. Did I make the right choices, am I doing the right job etc etc. I often wonder what would have happened if I had gone down the route of that Theatre Studies course….

Incidentally this pic was taken at my 21st party at Mum and Dad's house. Funny I loved that dress and cannot for the life of me remember where it is- if I threw it out or gave it away. Bought in Afflecks Palace in Manchester.

What purpose then my musings here? Self indulgence or just an outlet for stuff- who knows- my 36 year old brain hurts despite the lack of stimulus by domestic drudgery. Next post will be back to the comfortable realms of home improvements so don’t fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always amazing to know you read and comment - so thank you very much.