Tuesday 3 September 2013

We are still here?


So we are still here, living life along with the changing seasons. The leaves are ever so quietly, dropping in stealth. I'm ok with that, Autumn is good - in fact it's brimful of my favourite colours, smells and tastes.

We have been in our woods a lot. Just 5 minutes can make all the difference. The children have now taken to saying 'Mummy we are soooooo lucky to have woods behind our house'. I like that, my parents garden was like a mini woods and I still can climb my own 'Magic Faraway Tree' and relive those memories (it seems much smaller now!).

Friends for lunch and some cooking - that fennel and orange salad is from The Simple Things magazine and is well worth seeking out and making. Beautiful to look at and to eat.

If you are in Glasgow visit Sparklehorse. A new bar restaurant in the old Dowanhill Bar premises. Super child friendly, lovely indie vibe, great artwork, food and beer. If the name alone didn't do it for me then the black walls and 'charity shop picture of the month' cemented it as a fave!


8 comments:

  1. Nice to see you. :) The salad looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer - lovely of you to comment, Jo xx

      Delete
  2. I love Autumn too (although very glad it's Spring here - it's been too cold and too wet)! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Col, loved seeing you back on the blog with your last post, hope you and yours are well, Jo xx

      Delete
  3. I love autumn too Jo ... woods are definitely the best place to play ... your salad looks delicious ... so lovely to see you back here ... hope you are all well ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee, we are all well, slowing accepting Autumn is on its way! Hope you and the family are well too, Jo xx

      Delete
  4. That salad caught my eye in the magazine, good to hear it's also tasty. It's been fun following you on instagram and seeing what you and yours are up to. Hope you're all well. I always think autumn is special. I made bramble jelly for the first time today! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gillian, yes I love IG too! its great to see wee bits of peoples lives pop up there. Yes the salad was well worth worth it and I made the chicken and broad bean dip too - it all went together really well. The flat breads defeated me though - I was planning to make them but ran out of steam!Hope you and the family are all well, Jo xx

      Delete

It is always amazing to know you read and comment - so thank you very much.